This web page has the basic description and pricing for the embedded controller system used in the Advanced Embedded Microcontroller seminar. Please order early for speedy delivery. Documentation in the form of users manuals, slide presentations, development environment with full source code, and schematics is available at the seminar home page.
The SH1WH flexible embedded controller has the following specifications:
· 12 MHz Hitachi Super-H 32-bit RISC engine
· 8 MB of Fast-Page DRAM
· 128K of battery-backed SRAM
· 1 MB of in-circuit programmable FLASH
· 8K of fast SRAM (user-managed cache)
· Y2K compliant real-time clock
· eight 10-bit A/D channels with S/H, 11.2 us conversion time
· two 12-bit D/A channels, 14 us settling time
· up to 5 hardware PWM channels
· up to 20 digital outputs
· up to 10 digital inputs
· up to 5 hardware interval counter channels (for shaft encoders, tachs, etc.)
· hardware programmable timing pattern generator
· two RS-232 serial ports (up to 250Kbaud)
· watchdog and wakeup timers
· power supply monitor protects against data corruption during power dropouts
· high-efficiency switching regulator
· input voltage range from 3.8V to 13V
· drop-in solution compatible with many battery chemistries
· low power-less than 100 mA typ., < 2 mA sleep, plus zero-power shutdown mode
· easy to use vertically stacking expansion bus
· built-in temperature sensor
· low profile-7 mm minimum board-to-board clearance in vertical stack
· tiny 2.02" x 3.2" footprint (smaller than a credit card)
· programming support with popular and free GNU tools
It is well suited for a broad range of applications, including intelligent motor control, user terminal, process control, automotive, and robotics applications.
The full-featured SH1WH is available in small quantities for $249 per board. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For those who are budget-constrained, special configurations can be made which can lower your price. For example, you may subtract the DRAM option and lower your price by $15, or you may subtract the D/A converter and lower your price by another $13. Please contact Andrew Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
System block diagram:
Images of the top and bottom of the board (not to scale):
SH1WH Breakout Board
Due to the small footprint of the SH1WH embedded controller, all I/O are made available on special fine-pitch connectors. For rapid prototyping purposes, a breakout board is available that pins out all the I/O pins to standard 0.1" spaced pads. The breakout board is also available with an FPGA option which gives you 32 lines of very flexible digital I/O.
The SH1WH-BB1 is available in small quantities with the following pricing options:
The SH1WH-MD1 is a 2-channel, full H-bridge motor driver board developed by Holly Gates. They can be stacked to get more motor driver channels.
This board is available now in small quantities through its creator, Holly Gates (email@example.com). Specifications subject to change; contact Holly for pricing information.